Friday, September 11, 2009

Day 2.

This will be posted on the same date as Day 1 because I am stupid and didn't post it before midnight last night.
Today is Sept. 11th. I'm not sad, but I do feel something.
It's not just a normal day.
One of my uncles was in the North Tower. His building got hit first. He and his co-workers had no idea of what had happened, but began to evacuate. They heard the South Tower get hit while they were trying to leave. They still didn't know what was going on. They were told, initially, that everything was fine and they should go back to their offices. A few turned back. My uncle kept going. He walked 30 miles home that day, in medical shock from the events. For over six hours nobody in our family knew where he was. Several weeks later he was watching Toy Story with his children and suffered a nervous breakdown.
His twin also worked in the WTC (in another building), and had decided to take the subway home. He was in contact with his family, but he got home hours after the uncle who walked.
I just don't want people to forget that something important happened today.
It's a drop in the bucked compared to the daily lives of people in other countries, but it still means something to me.
It changed everything, and I think people forget that. We get used to things. It's been almost ten years, of course we have trouble remembering what it was like before.
I don't really know what I'm trying to say here. It's not very poinent and it probably won't stir any emotions in anyone who reads it, I just think things need to be out there sometimes.

I'm going to edit in the pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment